Stocks in the Asia-Pacific region mostly increased on Thursday, July 13. The Hong Kong market climbed for the fourth consecutive session.
Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index (HSI)
- Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index (HSI) added 2.6% to 19,350.62.
Japanese Market – Nikkei 225 Index (NIK)
- The Nikkei 225 Index (NIK) of Japanese companies gained 1.5% to 32,419.33.
Chinese Market – Shanghai Composite Index (SHCOMP)
- The Shanghai Composite Index (SHCOMP) of Chinese companies gained 1.3% to 3,236.48.
Singapore Market – FTSE Straits Times Index (STI)
- The FTSE Straits Times Index (STI) of Singapore stocks increased by 2.0% to 3,240.08.
South Korean Market – KOSPI Composite Index
- The KOSPI Composite Index of South Korean stocks increased by 0.6% to 2,591.23.
Australian Market – S&P/ASX 200 Benchmark Index (XJO)
- The S&P/ASX 200 Benchmark Index of Australian stocks added 1.6% to 7,246.90.
Hang Seng Index Constituents
Among the Hang Seng Index constituents:
- Wuxi Biologics (Cayman) saw the largest increase of 8.5%.
- JD Health International and Alibaba Hlth Info Tech increased by 8.2% and 6.6% respectively.
- Xinyi Glass Holdings saw the largest decrease, weakening by 1.7%.
Nikkei 225 Index Constituents
Among the Nikkei 225 Index constituents:
- Recruit Holdings saw the largest increase of 6.8%.
- M3 and Daiichi Sankyo increased by 5.2% each.
- T&D Holdings saw the largest decrease, falling by 2.5%.