The Wall Street Journal partnered with College Pulse to conduct a survey gathering insights from over 60,000 college students and recent graduates. One of the key components of this survey was to rank colleges based on how highly they were recommended by the respondents.
The following list represents colleges and universities based on their overall national rank. In cases where there were ties, the colleges are listed in sequential order.
- Brigham Young University – Provo, Utah (National Rank: 20)
- The Master’s University – Santa Clarita, Calif. (National Rank: 368)
- Brigham Young University – Idaho – Rexburg, Idaho (National Rank: 219)
- Weber State University – Ogden, Utah (National Rank: 267)
Highly Recommended Institutions:
- Stanford University – Stanford, Calif. (National Rank: 4)
- Claremont McKenna College – Claremont, Calif. (National Rank: 9)
- California State Univ. – Fresno – Fresno, Calif. (National Rank: 80)
- Colorado Christian University – Lakewood, Colo. (National Rank: 394)
Other Noteworthy Recommendations:
- Univ. of California – Los Angeles – Los Angeles, Calif. (National Rank: 74)
- California Polytechnic State University – San Luis Obispo – San Luis Obispo, Calif. (National Rank: 116)
- California Baptist University – Riverside, Calif. (National Rank: 256)
- Utah State University – Logan, Utah (National Rank: 293)