Medusa X is the system that can be found on the MQL5 community. The system was downloaded for demo usage 844 times. The advisor focuses on following trends, opening short orders and closing them in a profit.
The vendor has an average level of transparency that is the minimum required by the MQL5 forum before you are allowed to post anything. The developer is Oon Kar Lee who released the advisor on December 28, 2020.
How Medusa X works
The presentation looks average without any extra intel that would help us to pick the system wisely. We have united everything useful we could find.
- The system knows how to help us with automatic trading.
- The developer has over 15 years of trading experience.
- He provides fast and decent support.
- The system doesn’t use fake strategies.
- It’s easy to use.
- It uses trend indicators like EMA, RSI, volatility filters.
- The TP level is five pips.
- It can use a Grid of orders.
- The system doesn’t work with Martingale.
- We should use it in two pairs on the same account.
- There are many settings to customize.
- It works on the H1 time frame.
- The minimum balance is $500.
- The optimal balance should start from $1000.
- We can work with 1:500, 1:1000, and 1:2000 leverage.
- It should be used on VPS.
Timeframe, currency pairs, deposit
- The time frame is H1.
- The pairs are GBPUSD and USDCHF.
- We can work with deposits from $500.
- It works mostly with trend indicators.
- The advisor opens orders with 5-pip Take Profits.
Pricing and refund
The advisor is available for $399 for a lifetime copy. There are rental options provided. The one-month rent costs $80 when the three-month rent costs $150. The price on rent decreased from $120 to $80, and from $250 to $150. We can download the system for a demo usage.
The system was tested with a GBPUSD pair on the H1 time frame. The data period was five years of tick data. The modeling quality was 99.90% with variable spreads. An initial deposit was $10,000 that has become $64,903. The profit factor was 1.86. The maximum drawdown was unfriendly, 50.56%. It has executed 3421 orders. Accuracy was 89% for shorts and 90% for longs.
The robot works on a real SGD account on IC Markets with 1:500 leverage automatically. The signal’s reliability is 2 from 5 possible. It has been running for 45 weeks. The growth has become 137.14%. The maximum drawdown is 39.3%.
An average trading frequency is 2 deals weekly. It doesn’t match the developer’s claims. An average trade length is one day.
The advisor hasn’t lost any month.
Medusa X has executed 1136 deals. The best trade is 29.26 SGD when the worst trade is -26.57 SGD. The recovery factor is 14.58 when the profit factor is 2.46. The average monthly growth is 5.25%. The annual forecast is 67.12%.
Medusa X trades GBPUSD much more frequently (846 orders) than USDCHF (290 orders).
People say that Medusa X is …
Good. The presentation is featured by some positive testimonials about how the system works on their accounts.
|Money-management advice given||No risk advice given|
|Backtest reports provided||No settings explanations provided|
|Trading results shown||No money-back guarantee provided|
|No discounts provided|
Medusa X Conclusion
Medusa X robot works on the real account for months cutting short profits. The system trading frequency has decreased ten times since our last visit. We don’t know the reason for this because the dev claimed that the system trades frequently. So, you have to contact the owner first before even thinking about taking a look at the system.